Your Investment in Project VOYCE will pay off in 3 ways:
1. BUILDING NEW NON-TRADITIONAL LEADERS
“Project VOYCE creates great leaders.” Nate Easley, President of Denver Public School Board of Education
- Finding and Building Non-traditional Leaders— PV seeks out, hires and trains approx. 150students/year whose leadership skills are under the radar.
- $750,000 in scholarships and grants—that’s how much just 10 PV graduating seniors have won in the past two years.
2. IMPROVING SCHOOLS SERVING 92% LOW INCOME STUDENTS
“We wouldn’t be able to make all these wonderful things happen without Project VOYCE.” Bruce Randolph School Principal Cesar Cedillo a week after President Obama praised Bruce Randolph School in his 2011 State of the Union Address
- Inspiring Thousands of Teachers– PV youth leaders have delivered keynote speeches and trainings to over 3,000 educators in the last 2 years.
- Changing School Cultures in Schools – PV is building new partnerships with students,teachers and administrators in Bruce Randolph School, Manual High, CEC Middle College and Denver Center for 21st Century Learning
3. CREATING SYSTEMIC EDUCATIONAL CHANGE
“I am moved and driven to get a group at my school, and listen to students.”
K-12 Administrator’s feedback after PV youths’ keynote speeches to 350 educators at 2011 National Conference on School Engagement
- U.S. Dept. of Education selected PV as one of 15 organizations in the U.S. to send youth to discuss their education concerns directly with U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- 2011 National League of Cities—PV’s workshop with senior education advisers from 40 US cities was described as the highlight of the national gathering.
The youth of Project VOYCE have taken a bold stand to not give up in the face of daunting challenges to their future and that of their little brothers and sisters.
We ask you to stand with them.
Invest in them NOW!